Sour Cream Chocolate Frosting
An array of chocolates melted in butter are introduced to a powdered sugar and sour cream mixture. The result is a match made in Heaven!
This recipe is adapted from Carole Walter’s Great Cakes.
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 2/3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons hot water
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
Melt the chocolates and butter in a microwave-safe bowl or in a double boiler. (About 2 minutes.) Stir until smooth. Cool for a few minutes.
Add the sour cream.
Pour in the powdered sugar, alternating with the hot water.
Drizzle in the honey and vanilla extract. Combine well…And get ready to enjoy one of the best chocolate frostings ever!