Reduced Sugar Donuts
This New Year brings in one of what I hope many yummy but healthier goodies. The Ninja Baker's reduced sugar donuts are truly delicious...Added bonus: The donuts are gluten-free, too!
Yields 42 mini donuts. The toppings will each cover 12 mini donuts.
- 1 cup rice flour blend
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup erythritol
- 3 tablespoons non fat dry milk powder
- 3¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ baking soda
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1¼ cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon stevia extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat the mini muffin wells generously with coconut oil.
- Sift together the flours, erythritol, milk powder, baking powder, soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the coconut milk with stevia, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla bean paste.
- Create a well in the middle of the flour mix. Pour in the coconut milk mixture. Stir well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool and enjoy plain or dip into glaze or melted chocolate.
*Japanese Plum Wine Glaze: Whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of Japanese plum wine.
*Triple Sec Glaze: Whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar with 3 tablespoons of Triple Sec.
*Chocolate Frosting: Melt 2 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate with 2½ tablespoons of coconut milk.