Quick 'n Easy Asian-Style Quinoa
Do not allow a long list of ingredients to scare you. Especially if it's for the Ninja Baker's Quick 'n Easy Asian-Style Quinoa! This recipe is Sesame Street easy.
- 1½ cups quinoa
- 1½ cups water
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons sake wine
- 3½ to 4 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari sauce but you will need to add salt)
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 5 asparagus spear tips
- ½ cup thinly sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 small bok choy Chinese cabbage
- 1 stalk of celery
- ½ cup thinly sliced water chestnuts
- ¼ of a peeled Japanese daikon radish
- ¼ of green, red and yellow peppers
- 2 small peeled carrots
- 10 ounces extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 thinly sliced scallions for garnish
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds for garnish
Soak the shitake mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes.
Slice the bok choy Chinese cabbage, celery, daikon radish and peppers into thin strips.
Cut the carrots into petite circles.
Pour the quinoa, vegetable broth, water, sake wine, soy sauce and fish sauce into a rice cooker. (Or a large saucepan.)
Add the tofu, bamboo shoots, chestnuts, garlic, and vegetables. Don’t worry about stirring. You can do that once it’s cooked.
In a rice cooker the quinoa takes 50 minutes. If you are making the quinoa on the stovetop check cooking times on the package.
Serve hot and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.