Pioneer Woman Apricot Bars Kissed by Japanese Yuzu #GlutenFree
Japanese yuzu - the citrus cousin of lemons and limes perks up even the most delicious of desserts. Including the Pioneer Woman's farm fresh fruit bars baked with brown sugar and heart-healthy oats.
- 3 cups Flour (1-to1 Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Baking Flour is a heaven-sent gift for wheat-sensitive loved ones)
- 3 cups Oats
- 2 cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoos Baking Powder
- 3 pinches of Kosher Salt
- 2 1/2 sticks Salted Butter, Cut Into Pieces
- Zest of 1 Japanese yuzu (or lemon)
- 1 jar (10-12 Ounce) Apricot Preserves
- 1 jar (10-12 Once) Raspberry Preserves
- Whisk together all the ingredients except the butter and jam.
- Cut in the pats of butter with a pastry blender...or your clean fingers!
- Divide half of the mixture between 2 buttered 8 x 8 pans. Press firmly down.
- Slather one with apricot jam, the other with raspberry jam.
- Crumble the remaining mixture on top of the 2 pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 42 ~ 43 minutes, rotating halfway through.