Pinot Noir Quinoa
Every bite of this Pinot Noir infused quinoa tastes like wholesome goodness. The flavors of the shiitake mushrooms and vegetable gems of the earth blossom with the berry infused Pinot Noir.
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups Pinot Noir wine + additional ½ cup for soaking the mushrooms
- 8 small shiitake mushrooms
- 6 slices bacon, roughly chopped
- ½ cup chopped Japanese daikon radish
- ½ cup chopped carrot
1. Soak the shiitake mushrooms in Pinot Noir for 30 minutes. Then drain and slice into slivers.
2. Pour the quinoa, water and wine into the bowl of a rice cooker or a medium size pan. Add the mushrooms, bacon, daikon and carrots.
3. Set on regular white rice if using a rice cooker. If you prefer the stovetop method, bring the mixture to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat. Cook for 15 minutes and fluff. (The quinoa should display a golden band around the kernels.)