PB ‘n J Cheesecake
Classic childhood PB & J just got sophisticated and turned into a grownup cheesecake. Peanut butter and orange marmalade mingle in this oh, so easy to make dessert.
More good news: The entire cheesecake is made in the food processor!
For the crust:
- 10 peanut butter sandwich cookies
- 2 tablespoons expeller pressed coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet orange marmalade
For the filling:
- 2 (eight-ounce) packages of mascarpone cheese
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup superfine sugar
- 3 ½ tablespoons sweet orange marmalade
- Zest of 1 orange
- ¾ teaspoon orange extract
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup extra thick coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
For the garnish:
- Dark chocolate minis stuffed with peanut butter
Preheat an oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 9" round spring orm tart pan with coconut oil and coconut flour. Place on a parchment lined jellyroll pan.
Pulse the peanut butter sandwich cookies, coconut oil and marmalade for 25 seconds in a food processor. Scrape the bowl. Pulse again for another 10 seconds. Press the crust into the prepared tart pan.
Clean and dry the food processor. Whip up the mascarpone and peanut butter for 25 seconds. Scrape the bowl. Pulse for another 10 seconds.
Add the sugar, marmalade, orange zest and extract. Pulse for 25 seconds.
Pour the eggs in one at a time. Scrape the bowl.
Add in the coconut cream. Pulse until well combined. Pour the filling on top of the crust in the tart pan.
Bake for 40 minutes. Turn off heat. Prop open the oven door with the handle of a wooden spoon. After 45 minutes, remove the cheesecake from the oven.