Gluten-Free Strawberry Pop Tart Sandwich Bento
This Gluten-Free Strawberry Pop Tart Sandwich Bento is a twist on a childhood lunch. Cream cheese and jam sandwiches were introduced to me in Tokyo by my stepmother. Apparently it was a ‘50s classic.
Go with red apples for an all red theme. Go for green apples if you prefer a bit of tart to balance sweet pastry.
- Dried cherries or cranberries
- Green or red apple slices
- Glutino Gluten-Free Strawberry or Cinnamon Apple Toaster Pastry (aka Pop Tarts)
- Glutino Gluten-Free Animal Crackers
- Vegan (or dairy) cream cheese
- Optional: A small surprise gift for your child
Scoop a tablespoon (or more!) of cream cheese between the halves of a Glutino Gluten-Free Strawberry Toaster Pastry. Sprinkle in dried fruit alongside fresh fruit. Add a generous handful of animal crackers. Tuck a surprise trinket into the bento box as an extra treat.