Easy Baklava Cake
Honey, dates and nuts are hallmarks of baklava. I've introduced the Middle Eastern delight to the American classic yellow cake. The recipe is easy. The result is delicious!
Yellow cake batter (from a box or your favorite recipe)
*If using a package, substitute 1 cup of milk for the water.
- 1/2 cup chopped dates plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts plus additional for garnish
- Honey cream cheese frosting
- Whip up a yellow cake batter. Bake two 8" cakes. Cool.
- Sandwich the cakes with honey cream cheese frosting, dates and nuts.
- Frost the sides and tops and garnish with the additional dates and nuts.