Chocolate Buttercream Frosting and Pocky Crumble
Fluffy chocolate buttercream is an ideal frosting for cake decorators who are health conscious. Cream cheese, Greek yogurt, unsweetened (ideally organic) cocoa blend with butter and vanilla to create a frosting ideal for piping. Of course, you can simply slather the stuff on any sweet, too!
The Pocky crumble is a nifty crunch topping. Pocky crumble is a perfect substitute for those who are allergic to nuts.
- 8 tablespoons of softened butter (1 stick)
- 6 ounces of whipped cream cheese (almost a whole tub)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar (1 box)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 (2.4 ounce) package of Pocky (Chocolate, Strawberry, Green Tea or your favorite seasonal Pocky!)
Fluff up the butter and cream cheese in a kitchen stand mixer. Add the vanilla.
Slowly pour in the powdered sugar.
*Ninja Note: Scraping the frosting bowl often helps to incorporate the powdered sugar and cocoa thoroughly.
Spoon in the yogurt.
Beat in the cocoa.
Pulse the Pocky in the food processor until a fine crumble appears. Sprinkle atop cakes, cookies or ice cream.