Asian Summer Rice Salad
As welcome as a breeze on a hot summer's day, the Ninja Baker's Asian Summer Rice Salad will provide relief from hours in the kitchen. Gather the fixings. In minutes you'll gift you and yours with a tasty and nutritious meal!
(Ingredients needed for 2 servings.)
- 1 ½ cups cooked organic short grain sushi rice
- 1 ½ tablespoons miso
- (a red and white blend, awase miso is recommended)
- ¼ cup firm tofu cubes
- ¼ cup sliced chestnuts
- ¼ cup corn
- ½ red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 finely chopped scallions for garnish
- ½ carrot, grated for garnish
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Once cooked, allow the rice to come to room temperature.
- Coat a frying pan or wok with the 2 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- Over low to medium heat, stir-fry all of the ingredients listed above except the garnish of scallions and grated carrot.
- When the chestnuts, corn, pepper and tofu are well combined and coated with sauce, turn off the flame.
- Take the pan off the stove.
- Serve the mixture over mounds of rice, which have been scooped onto lettuce.
- Garnish with the chopped scallions and grated carrot.