Asian Style Potato Salad
American-style Idaho potatoes are yummy on their own. Add Japanese mayonnaise and Asian veggies and you've got a potato salad with pizzazz!
- 5 Idaho® potatoes
- 8 cups water
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1½ teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sweet Mirin wine (or sugar)
- 2 cups Japanese mayonnaise
- 2 baby bok choy
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot Asian mustard
- ½ teaspoon togarashi (Japanese chili pepper)
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Bring water to boil in a large pan.
- Peel potatoes; cut into chunks.
- Add potatoes to boiling water. Swirl in the sesame oil and salt.
- Stir occasionally while the potatoes become tender. (10 to 15 minutes)
- Drain the potatoes. Sprinkle with rice vinegar and Mirin.
- Wash the veggies and drain. Slice the baby bok choy and yellow pepper.
- Gently mix the mayonnaise with the potatoes, snow peas, bok choy, yellow pepper, mustard and togarashi chili pepper.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.