Gluten-Free Yellow Cake with Sparkly Japanese Matcha (Green Tea) Emerald City Topping
Jenni Field’s Pastry Chef Online inspired a group of bakers to participate in her Peoplehood of the Traveling Swirly Pan project. A bundt pan named Dorothy and I decided to bring some emerald matcha wizardy to my cake. Hope you enjoy this rich, moist gluten-free wonder!
- 2 bags gluten-free yellow cake mix (I used Glutino)
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 cup French vanilla coconut milk creamer
- 2 T Japanese matcha green tea powder
- 3 T sugar
- In a mixer, whip up the butter until fluffy.
- Add the gluten-free cake mix.
- Drop in the eggs one at a time.
- Incorporate the cream cheese, vanilla and creamer.
- Pour the batter into a bundt pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 70 minutes.
- Whisk together the matcha and sugar.
- Sprinkle over the bundt...
- And follow the yellow brick road home to happiness.