Paleo Pound Cake
Garnished with Paleo diet approved fruit or plain, this pound cake is surprisingly similar in flavor to Sara Lee! The texture is slightly more layer-cake like but that's good, too. Right?
This recipe is adapted from Health-e Enterprises’ Guilt-Free Desserts
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 scoops (40 grams) unsweetened whey protein powder or your favorite (Paleo) protein powder
- ½ cup erythritol, granulated (powdered is fine, too)
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons grass-fed butter OR coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 4 tablespoons almond milk (coconut milk works, too)
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoons liquid stevia extract
Generously butter a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Line with parchment paper and butter again.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk together the dry ingredients: the almond flour, protein powder, erythritol, baking powder and salt.
In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the melted butter (or coconut oil), almond (or coconut) milk, vanilla and liquid stevia.
Gradually pour the dry ingredients into the egg/butter/milk/vanilla mixture. Blend well on medium speed.
Fill the prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.