Asian Pizza Rice
The Ninja Baker’s Asian Pizza Rice is kid-friendly. However, if you are an empty nester and prefer a bit of bite, by all means, pour in more soy sauce and double the garlic, ginger and onion measurements! A dash of sake wine works, too.
- 7 Portobello mushrooms
- 3 cups cooked rice (I used wild rice.)
- 1/3 cup shelled and cooked edamame soy beans OR cooked sweet peas
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 scallion, chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups grated cheeses (Soy Station cheese is a good vegan option.)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Remove the centers of the Portobello mushrooms. Gently clean the mushrooms with a paper towel. With a pastry brush, paint the insides and shells of the Portobellos with sesame oil. Place on a parchment lined jelly roll pan.
Toss the rice with all of the remaining ingredients except the cheese.
With a ice cream scooper, divide the rice mixture into the Portobello mushrooms. Cover with cheese. Bake at 325 for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.