Miso Sesame Cookies are light, delicate butter cookies sprinkled with a subtle, nutty sesame flavor. Perfect for the ladies-who-lunch crowd and teatime!
This recipe is adapted from the Anncoo Journal.
- ¼ cup softened butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 generous tablespoons of white miso
- 1½ cups rice flour blend
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 tablespoons amaranth flour
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Beat butter and sugar until combined. Add miso. Continue to beat for about 3 minutes.
- Whisk together the flours and sesame seeds.
- Pour the flours and seeds into the butter, sugar, miso mixture. When thoroughly combined, place the dough onto wax paper. Form a log about one inch high. Refrigerate overnight.
Slice the log into ¼ inch thick rounds. Gently place them on Silpat covered or parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Bake for 16 minutes or until golden brown around the edges in a 360 degree oven.