Japanese Yuzu Citrus Biscotti are blessed with the tang of yuzu and the sweet touch of white chocolate. This is one biscotti recipe which produces a blissful yin and yang of piquant and sweet!
Adapted from a Betty Crocker recipe.
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tablespoon grated Mandarin orange peel
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 tablespoons Japanese yuzu citrus juice (available online and at Asian markets)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Whisk together the cake mix, coconut flour, and Mandarin orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, Japanese yuzu citrus juice with chopsticks or a fork. Add to the cake mix bowl.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Shape the stiff dough into a 12 x 4 inch rectangle on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes. Cut on the diagonal into slices. (The size of your biscotti will be varied.)
- Bake again at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.